Wednesday, October 1, 2014

NaNoWriMo



I don't know who started it, but November is now known to writers the world over as National Novel Writing Month, or NaNoWriMo. 

I haven't decided if I am going to take the challenge this year. It just doesn't seem possible. I mean who in their right mind can write 50,000 words in a single month? 

Ludicrous, right?

But, my counsin Rachel did it last year.

And my writing friend Rachel did it the year before that. 

Maybe it's only possible for people named Rachel? 

No, I refuse to beleive that. If they can do, I can do it. (I think) 

But the only way I have even a chance of successfully completing NaNoWriMo, is if I finish my current project. (One more final draft of my MFA thesis novel.) 

So, in honor of NaNoWriMo, I would like to dub October National Final Draft Month (NaFinDrMo)

Or, National Outline and Character Building Month (NaOutCharBuMo)

Or, National Get Yourself Together Month (NaGeYoSeToMo)

None of those sound as nice at NaNoWriMo. :( 

But in all seriousness, I would like to challenge my writing friends out there to finish their current work in progress by the end of October. If you have time, finish it before the end of the month, so you can spend a week or so brain storming about your next project.

Happy reading, people. No. Happy Writing. 

1 comment:

  1. I loved your other "na" related acronyms. XD I'm still trying to decide if I should do NaNoWriMo this year, but I'm leaning more towards doing it...

    ReplyDelete