Thursday, January 15, 2015

I Am A Writer. Hear Me Roar.

Can you believe it? I'm blogging again. I may have taken a two month break (thank you holiday season) but I am coming back strong. At least that is the plan.



I am a writer. Hear me roar.

In order to help myself follow the plan, I am going to share it with all of you. For some reason I think that will help me follow through. I don't know what I'm thinking. I suppose it's that darned accountability thing people keep talking about. Ok, here they are. The dreaded resolutions.

2015 Writing Resolutions

(1) Finish editing my young adult novel Proficiency by spring break.

I can do it. I can do it. I can do it. Keep nagging me people. I need to get this novel finished. I may have a thesis draft, but now I need a publishable draft.

(2) Research Agents and Publishers and send out query letters.

They will love it. Of course. (Just nod your head yes. You are now a part of my supportive writing comunity. Citizenship is not given to doubters.)

(3) Outline the next two books in the Proficiency series.

I know what you're thinking. Not another trilogy, Fingerson. They're everywhere. But they're everywhere for a reason. People like triologies. I'm not positive the Proficiency universe will need three books. It might only need two. It might need four. Who knows. You'll just have to wait and see. To be perfectly honest, I'm looking forward to figuring out the answer to that question too.

(4) Write a significant amount of the second book in the series by the end of the year.

Because the amazing agent and publisher who buy my book will, of course, want more. Right? (Nod your head, people.) And the millions of readers who buy Proficiency (of which you will be one) will be desperate to know what happens next to Zander and Anna.

(5) Establish a writing routine.

I suppose this is my most important writing resolution. None of the other ones will happen if I don't solidify my writing schedule. I may not have been successful at NaNoWriMo, but I did write a book and I can do it again.

Remember people, you only have to write one word at a time. You can figure out what order to put them in later.

No comments:

Post a Comment