Thursday, September 25, 2014

Banned Books Week Part 1: The Challenge


My local independent book store, Cellar Door Books, isssued a challenge to their customers in honor of Banned Books Week.



I encouraged the high school students in my creative writing club to accept this challenge, especially because a few of their favorite YA books were on the list: The Hunger Games, The Fault of Our Stars, and the Twilight series.

None of them have taken the challenge. So, I stepped up. And earned a free book in the process.

I am a bit contrary in nature. So, when one of the employees said she would like to see some one successfully defend Twilight, it was impossible in her opinion, the challenge stayed in my head.



Stayed turned to read my defense of Stephanie Meyer's Twilight. I will post it tomorrow.

No comments:

Post a Comment